The initiative European Light Industries Innovation and Technology (ELIIT) is a project funded by the COSME Programme of the European Union for the competitiveness of Enterprises and Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises (SMEs).
The aim is to support European cooperation to promote the use of technology-ready solutions to improve productivity, value chain integration, resource efficiency and to create new high added-value products and services in the textile, clothing, leather and footwear (TCLF) industries.
ELIIT will support TCLF SMEs in implementing the excellent research results achieved in many technological areas by providers and owners of novel and innovative technologies throughout the launch of different call for proposals.
The collaboration between different key players within the EU economy, is a unique aspect of the ELIIT project, as it facilitates hands-on support to foster collaborations that enable innovation and cross fertilisation and that otherwise may not have occurred organically. This will allow TCLF SMEs to overcome obstacles in the integration, implementation and use of advanced technologies and to enter niche-markets for new products and services.
ELIIT will also work to improve knowledge and skills in TCLF sectors related to technology, manufacturing processes, materials, business strategy, access to finance and marketing and improving cross-sectoral networking skills. Through different calls for proposals, ELIIT will select 25 partnerships between TCLF SMEs and providers and owners of novel and innovative technologies, which will benefit from:
- Financial support of 70.000 EUR to develop products or prototypes with high-added value and profitability
- A tailor-made coaching and advice programme on technical and/or soft skills to elevate the relevance of projects and increase their capabilities.
- Facilitating market-positioning and professional links between members of partnerships and other key players by organising networking activities and attendance at relevant workshops, conferences and exhibitions.
- SME tailored support to strengthen intellectual property rights protection
The ELIIT Project is managed and implemented by a consortium formed by: AITEX-Textile Industry Research Association, INESCOP-Footwear Technology Center, CARSA-Strategic Consultancy Services, GOPA Com. and Anna Maria Stein with the support from Avvocati Associati Franzosi Dal Negro Setti.
For further information: https://ec.europa.eu/eliit
- 27 november 2019
- Euroopa Innovatsiooninõukogu ja VKEde Rakendusamet
- News Type