The message of the project
In today's world, the demand for sustainable and eco-friendly solutions is more crucial than ever. Europe discards over 8 billion tonnes of furniture annually. The objective of Mowall is to enhance and optimize products crafted from second-life materials, which are innovative and aesthetically pleasing.
The idea behind the project
The Mowall project focuses on several key objectives that align with sustainable development and circular economy principles:
- Development and optimization of recycled materials: Mowall aims to create modules using recycled particle boards and plastic scraps. By transforming materials that would otherwise be wasted or discarded, the project reduces CO2 emissions and contributes to a more sustainable future.
- Extending the life cycle of materials: The project aims to extend the lifecycle of particle boards and add value to plastic waste. Through production processes and design, Mowall seeks to maximise the usability of these materials and minimise their environmental impact.
- Eco-design and traceability: Mowall places a strong emphasis on eco-design with traceability, ensuring customers are aware of the origins and environmental impact of the materials used in production.
- Reversed logistics and impact measurement: The project incorporates reversed logistics to efficiently manage the end-of-life cycle of Mowall modules, minimising waste and maximising recycling potential. Additionally, impact measurement tools provide valuable insights into the product's environmental contributions.
- Social inclusivity: The Mowall project prioritises social inclusion by creating job opportunities for disabled individuals and offering training for people with limited opportunities.
The modern work environment is undergoing significant transformations. The rise of coworking spaces, reduced office footprints, and a growing need for modular and flexible solutions in interior design are driving the demand for products like Mowall. In the European Union alone, there are approximately 6,850 coworking spaces, and over 900 exhibitions are held annually covering an area of 6.7 million square meters.
The Mowall project stands at the forefront of sustainable and eco-friendly solutions for modern workspaces. It will offer an innovative product that conserves natural resources, reduces CO2 emissions, and extends the lifespan of particle boards and plastic waste. By optimizing and innovating products made from recycled materials, the project contributes to reducing environmental impact and promoting a circular economy. Mowall has the potential to revolutionize the way we perceive modular construction, emphasizing the importance of social inclusivity and environmental awareness in the business landscape.
- Project locations
- Projects Edition
- WORTH Partnership Projects II
- Project Call
- 2nd Call Projects
- Project Sector
- Furniture - Home Decoration
- Project Challenge
- Circular Economy
KNOF Zavod za kreativni razvoj