- WORTH Community
- Site web
- Réseaux sociaux
Vice-president world crafts council
Laura holds a degree in Translation and Interpretation by the Universitat Pompeu Fabra. She has completed her studies by several master’s degrees in international Cooperation and Humanitarian Aid; International Business Administration; and, Intercultural Communication and European Studies.
She has been working for the private sector as well as for non-profit organizations and public bodies, mainly in Spain but also in foreign countries as Serbia, Belgium and Germany.
Currently, she is in charge of Fundesarte, the department of crafts promotion at EOI (School of Industrial Organization, under the Ministry of Industry, Commerce and Tourism). For more than 10 years she has been managing cultural projects related to crafts and carries out tasks to promote Spanish crafts through various activities, as the Spanish National Craft Awards, international exhibitions on crafts, the European Craft Days in Spain. She directed also the Master on Crafts Management, Design and Craft Skills at EOI. Laura is currently vice-president of WCC-Europe.
- “FUSION, glass jewellery contest”: Contemporary Glass Museum of Alcorcón, Royal Glass Factory in La Granja, Valencia, Valdemorillo, Valladolid, Zaragoza…▪ “10 years of Spanish National Craft Awards”: Madrid, Murcia, Bratislava (Slovakia), Ljubljana (Slovenia), Úbeda, Zaragoza.
- “Cutting Edge Spanish Crafts”: Madrid, Elche, Washington, Lima, México DF and Cartagena de Indias.
- “21st Century Spanish Crafts”: Madrid, Paris, Oporto, Casablanca, Fez, Rabat, Tangier, Tetouan, New Delhi.
- “3 territories – National Craft Awards”: Lisbon, Paris, Madrid.
Other projects to strengthen the crafts sector on an international scale, such as development cooperation projects in several African countries or projects to promote design in the artisanal sector, including:
- DREAM and Crafts & Design: master
- Cr@ftsman, online business management training for SMEs.
- Empowerment of Palestinian refugee women in Lebanon through the traditional Palestinian embroidery “tatreez”.
- Technical Assistance to the National Museum of Niger and the International Women’s Artisan Fair in Niger (SAFEM).
- Technical assistance to the jewellery sector in Tangier and the forge sector in Tetouan, for the reorganization and professionalization of both sectors.
- Creation and management of the European Crafts Network (EUROART) and the Ibero-American Network of Crafts Managers (RIRA).
#opportunity #innovation #design #creativity #future