SMART HEATED VEST THAT CREATES AN INDIVIDUAL MICROCLIMATE AND KEEPS THE MOST SENSITIVE BODY AREAS WARM REGARDLESS OF THE WEATHER
Nowadays, the smart textiles lack the design component, they are fully oriented to the desired functionality and sometimes the user needs to deal with cables, batteries etc… , that makes the product not user-friendly. The challenge of this project was to design, develop and manufacture a shirt / jacket with thermoregulated properties for outdoor use that can be controlled via smartphone and can be worn underneath every outerwear. With this project it is aimed to prevent people freezing outdoors and increase their well-being permanently, in a design-driven way.
The project Universal Smart Heated Jacket / Vest has reached the second prototyping phase, implementing the following aspects:
- Lightweight vest made of durable material with additional insulation layer to keep the warmth inside the clothing
- Fully embedded heating wires warming up the body areas which suffering most from cold: a. neck / shoulder and back / kidney
- New battery module 12 V, 3.5 Ah with appropriate safety features to provide sufficient power to generate appropriate warmth
- Integrated controller including Bluetooth Low Energy chip and on-board software to communicate with 3rd party devices /e.g. smartphones
- UI and wireframe implementation as well as software integration for iOS system to be able to control the heating vest remotely.
After a process of product certification and hardware optimisation, you can buy the heatable jacket in: https://www.vulpes-electronics.com/heated-vest
- Project locations
- Project website
- Projects Edition
- WORTH Partnership Projects I
- Project Call
- 1st Call Projects
- Project Sector
- Textile - Fashion
- Project Challenge
- High-performance materials
Opened its business activities in 2014 and launched their first product, smart heated insoles, in October 2016. Currently, the company offers a range of three products, namely smart heated beanie hats, gloves and a newly upgraded version of smart heated insoles. Thanks to the development of interoperable system, all offered products are interconnected and can be controlled via one UI on smartphones.
- VULPÉS ELECTRONICS GMBH
- Postal address
Since 1985 has long evolved from their first team-wear products, mainly football garments and tracksuits. Devotion for quality products, research and technology has driven the company to always test new fabrics & high-tech components, looking always for higher performance in order to spread the market and increase value and profitability.
- MOBEL SPORT S.L.
- Postal address